blog purpose

blog purpose

Tuesday 2 April 2013

experimental texts

-->
an un edited work in progress:

An open ended intertextual, lingual Cento, extratextual, Poem
Cento – A literary work pieced together from the works of several authors
Nicolas Bourriaud postproduction. The multipurpose product.
Michel Foucault. Helene Cicoux. Caroline Belsey.
Everything is a product of something else continuously and simultaneously transforming into another product, or another space?  The way we navigate through these elements are unique.  Experience is unique.

Ok…so, Nicolas Bourriaud suggests the product is in the visual vocabulary, in our concepts. The interaction between the maker and the remaker. The performance of the product in relation to the viewer. The product is the activity, the use, the exchange, the emotional and financial value.
The product is in what the product represents and what it will become. The product is the dialogue in the viewers’ thoughts. The labour of the product is also the product.  Everything that exists in the life of the product is part of the product. The product is infinite, infinitely available to expand, transfer, mutate. Learning is a product; we are a product of what we were, are and going to be. Social change is a product of time passing and will be read differently in the future.
But this product needs a space. The betrayal of the last person’s product is being turned into a new product by someone else who is also part of that product.
My interpretation of postproduction is a product of the way I process information and may influence what I produce. 

Catherine Belsey suggestion of : ‘Free play’ with essays to make a unique meaning belong to me. Kants ‘freeplay’ to have freedom and spontaneity to play with other peoples meanings. 

I see this as an intertextual riddle, the exchange of my own codes between Bourriaud’s Postproduction essay and my thought process. 
The value is in my expanding awareness of being in a network of internal and external connections.
Darwin connects me to every species collaborating, competing and dependent on each other. 
Buddha connects me to everything spiritually and physics connects me to the atom.
The chaos theory connects me through the butterfly theory.
Foucault connects me through the hierarchy of the space the products exists in. Foucault uses the term  'Umbilicus', the microcosm, the smallest parcel from the source.
Cixous connects everything to me via her entrails of the meaning of her new born word ‘internity’.  


Existentialism articulates to me, that my own use of overlapping existing theories assists me in creating the essence of my understanding of Bourriaud’s ‘product’. And it is totally my responsibility how I use it.
This expanding awareness is a product of my existence, not just my work.
Is Bourriaud  a remaker of previously mentioned theories?